March 30, 2008

Let Them Eat Bread

My pension is LE 194, which is good as pensions go. But this money is not enough for anything. We spend it during the first week of the month, and then we borrow from whoever will lend to us for the rest of the month.

I have five daughters and one son. All the girls were married and living with their husbands, but the youngest got divorced a year ago and is now living with us together with her three children. She does not work, but sometimes gets a job altering dresses and then we have enough to get us through a day or two. My son is married and lives with us. I had to agree. His mother and I gave up our room: He lives in it with his wife and two kids. My wife and I, together with my daughter and her kids, sleep in the living room. We get by, alhamdulillah.

My son is a good craftsman, but is moody sometimes. He keeps quitting jobs, so one month he makes money and two or three months he does not. We have to make this pension last, which is becoming more and more difficult every day. Prices are increasing all the time. The money is barely enough to keep us eating bread.

I hope the ration card works. I have an old one, and am working on getting new ones for my grandchildren. We really need the government’s help. It must remember the masses, the public.

We love the President, may God grant him good health. Please tell him to remember us. I am sure he would not agree to what is happening to us.

http://egypttoday.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=7876

Did you hear that, Hosni Mubarak?


No comments: