March 26, 2008

The Return of the Fuul Pot

To anyone who has searched cyberspace repeatedly for the next installment of Only a Fool Cleans the Fuul Pot only to be disappointed...I apologize.

To anyone who got tired of wondering when this recalcitrant blogger would get her act together and stopped reading...you are fully justified in doing so.

The reasons for my absence are the following:

1. Laziness, pure and simple. That's the ugly and unflattering truth of it.
2. I've been busy. I had visitors in town for most of February, after which I myself was away traveling.
3. I developed a temporary psychological aversion to blogging, deciding that only tourists and study abroad students (two types of people that I abhor being mistaken for, despite having at various points in the past been both) delight in delivering pithy observations about the country they're living in to their friends back home.

As I prepare to take up my virtual pen once more and resume the self-indulgent process of scrawling my thoughts across the blogosphere, I ask you to please bear with me as I attempt to find the words to do justice to a country that--in defiance of my continued efforts to tame and understand it--still never fails to surprise me.

No comments: